Demarchelier’s approach is fresh, clean and candid. He has an innate quality to capture the soul of his subject through his lenses.
Take five on Patrick Demarchelier:
* In1989, Lady Diana invited him to photograph some images. After the first encounter she asked him to be her official photographer. He was the first official non-British photographer of the Royal family.
* In contrast to most fashion photographers, he believes in bringing out the personal style of the model or the subject.
* He does not believe following the mundane techniques and ideas, for instance he fancies photographing Haute Couture in casual manner, on the other hand using stylized setting for sportswear to break the monotony.
* His admirable work has made him a consistent photographer with fashion magazines like Vogue (British, New York and French), Marie Claire, and Vanity Fair, to name a few.
* He has shot the advertising campaigns for brands like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dior, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, et al.